I am agreed that we all have different learning styles; we all respond differently to different teaching environments; we are different ages, with different attitudes and interests; we respond in different ways emotionally when working with other individuals and groups.
If I would have the opportunity to create my own English course I would include a self-access center. I am a follower of the learner autonomy and I think students can develop this learning method though this center.
I would use it as a class supplement. English course should match to self-access work. Self-access lessons would be scheduled into teaching syllabuses to help students to 'learn to learn independently’. Students would do extra work in their own in other to develop their skills. Materials would be on a computer database with access to the internet. The learning materials would be used by learners at different ages and levels, and with different language needs. Counseling and assessment services would be offered.
I think this is a great way of learning english, practical and interactive, also tha way it developes in class is diferent than the avarage, dinamic as well, i would encourage other teachers to get to know the program.
ReplyDelete