Monday, January 31, 2011

Week # 4 My experience in my last class.

One of my groups are high school students.  They are taking their English class with technology using a multimedia program called DYNED (dynamic education). It is mandatory for the class to bring headphones with microphone.  Half of the students didn’t do it. They couldn’t stay there without doing anything so I decided to split the group of 36 in two parts. Based on what I have learned in this course, the first part started working with DYNED and the rest of the group (students without headphones) was sent to another lab to do some searching.  I asked them to search the components of verb tenses: present, past and future, write a dialog using this information and practice the dialog. They worked in pairs. This topic is the first point of their study guide. Everyone did the job. The students were involved in this activity; even they didn’t take their five minute break. My supervision was enough for what they have been doing.I reviewed their work and it was good, just some students need to improve their knowledge in this topic.

At the end of the two hour class, I remained them to bring their headphones for next class.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Ava
    Nice post. And it is great to hear about the class being so motivated. Wonderful news.
    Robert

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Ava,

    Yes, I agree with Robert. I really like how you have made your class to be so motivated.
    Well done!

    Yuriy

    ReplyDelete